for all your promotional, packaging and decorator needs. But that is just the beginning! We were founded through the merger of three companies that knew they would be better together. They originally started back in 2001 in Kolkata, India, with one ambitious goal: to spark opportunity where little is found until we see an end to the horrors of extreme poverty and human trafficking. This is the beginning of our new journey together.
BETTING ON THE BATTLERS IN LIFE - joining together to form a new way of being.
CREATING ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES - where it usually doesn't stand a chance - offering meaningful employment so that people are empowered to make healthy choices for themselves and their families.
BEING GOOD TO EACH OTHER - our neighbors, and the earth providing basic human needs like education and childcare and crafting our goods in a way the planet would be proud of.
PARTNERING TO SPREAD OUR VISION - Finding like-minded businesses that want to see prosperity and happiness flourish and joining to make that vision a reality.
We'd be lying if we said this was easy and we'd be kidding ourselves if we said we could do this on our own.
THE PLANET LOVES OUR PRODUCTS.
‣ Handmade using environmentally friendly techniques
‣ High production quality
‣ Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified 100% organic cotton, sustainable jute, and water-based inks
‣ Fair-Trade Certified
‣ A+ grade in Tearfund's 2021 Ethical Fashion Report
‣ Transparency into suppliers and their Fair-Trade status
HANDMADE BY CRAFTSWOMEN
100% ORGANIC COTTON
ECO FRIENDLY DYES AND INKS
Everyone benefits when there's a little more good in the world. We think the best place to start spreading good is where we work, live, and play.
That's why our mission at Joyya and through our nonprofit — Joyya Collective — is to squash the norms.
To bet on the battlers — those who face adversity with courage. And to build authentic life changing relationships, one neighborhood at a time.
Cheaper merchandise comes at a cost — usually to the employees and their communities. From day one we wanted to be different. That’s why we put our employees and their families at the center of our business, offering benefits and services that are rare where we operate. Here’s where that “little bit more” goes:
‣ Living wages for all employees
‣ A workweek with hours that are respectful of our employees family lives
‣ Professional development and management opportunities for all employees
‣ Access to retirement and health plans
‣ Health education and emotional support
‣ Interest-free loan program for paying down debt
‣ Literacy and money management classes